Monday, March 2, 2020

His Faithfulness on Display

In my small and quiet way, I keep coming back to this journal in an effort to recount the praises of God and rejoice in his salvation (Ps. 9:14). Tonight is no exception.


March 2019

"I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living!
Wait for the Lord;
be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!"
Ps. 27: 13-14


"Turn to me and be gracious to me,
    for I am lonely and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged;
    bring me out of my distresses.
Consider my affliction and my trouble,
    and forgive all my sins."
Ps. 25:16-18


"My hope is in you."
Ps. 39:7


March 2020

"Oh, how abundant is your goodness, 
which you have stored up for those who fear you
and worked for those who take refuge in you...
In the cover of your presence you hide them
from the plots of men; 
you store them in your shelter 
from the strife of tongues."
Ps. 31:19-20


The words of today's Psalm have run through my mind all evening:

... To be hidden in the cover of God's presence 
... To be stored up in His shelter

How kind is our God, how steadfast in his love, and perfect in his provisions! He has put his faithfulness on display in my heart once more.



~Katherine

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful reminder of a steadfast foundation of God's love, covered over by His sheltering , we have a refuge filled with His hope, strength and courage. Such complete security.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again, Barb. I still remember your encouragement to me last year. (Also, I've not been able to reply to my comments here for some time. I have not intended to be rude!)

      Delete
  2. Thank you, Katherine. I needed to be reminded of that today.






    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...