Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Hiking Pictures

Last night I found these pictures in a draft post, apparently lost in a folder since I uploaded them back in March. These were taken a few days after March's Friday the 13th, the day when all schools were shut down and all other activity was beginning to halt. Our local hiking trails were not yet closed, but this outing would have been one of our last for several weeks to come. It's still such a weird thing to recall. Little did we expect that summer would come under continued strange circumstance. 




I've always loved the wild flowers that follow spring showers.






When a boy finds a long plant "whip," he naturally chase his bother with it. 







I sorted through my picture files before backing them up last night (something I am not great at doing regularly-- and I've paid for taking the risk in the past). I discovered I have so many pictures of wonderful events and trips from last year that I never shared here. Though it was never my intention for this blog to become a primary source of family documentation, it has turned into something several of us look to in recalling past events. It's always so hard to play catch up; generally I've had to discipline myself to simply march on with the present. We'll see.

And time doesn't stop, does it? I'm doing my best to capitalize on the days granted to us this summer. Andrew and I are getting set to take an epic trip together, and I really should be in bed now....


~Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...