Monday, May 13, 2019

Prom 2019

I raced home from Jacob's lacrosse game on Saturday to help Olivia get ready for prom. The needle on my gas gauge was below the empty mark as I battled rainy-day weekend traffic on the Interstate. I shot up a flare prayer. There was no time for stopping because she "needed" me to help with her hair before meeting up with her girlfriends for makeup. I didn't want to miss out on the moment. I looked over at Jacob, all sweaty and very crusted with mud from his game, and took mental note. I love this life I get to live right alongside my kids.

My sweet girl. So many thoughts, so much I could say. I will have to wait for another time or another place.

Senior Prom 2019











She was nominated to prom court this year, along with one of Michael's best friends.
I was so grateful to be able to take pictures with a few other proud parents. This is such a special moment in life, one that will be long remembered.









This last shot is somewhat symbolic to me...
It's bittersweet, but I join her in the joy of arriving to this point on the road of life and anticipate much good as she transitions into adulthood. I am so incredibly thankful to God for who she has become, blessed by her friendship, and proud of her accomplishments.



~Katherine


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...