Monday, March 11, 2019

From the Files of 2010

I was gifted a Nikon D3000 in the spring of 2010 by Jon. I started my blog in the fall of the same year partly as motivation to push myself to learn that camera and kit lens. I never expected to still be blogging all these years later, nor to have learned far more than that starter dslr through it.

I sorted through my 2010 image files yesterday afternoon during some down time, and decided to pull these pictures to post. Most of these are prior to the beginning of my blog, while some are images I was embarrassed to publish, and others just mean more to me now than they did at the time.

March 2010
Shadow Hills, CA (Our rental home)



March/April 2010
Sarasota, FL (Vacation spot with Rourke family during 3-year immigration and permanent residency process.)







April 2010

Jacob and his dreamy morning eyes. He was always the first to join me each day, always ready for a breakfast banana.



Olivia outside our front door. I remember struggling to get the focus right.


May 2010

Antelope Valley, CA
My hiking days with packs of kids goes way back.


Monkeys ❤❤❤


Evidently, before and after a haircut. I always did prefer shaggy hair.
Those lips! Those eyes! That boy.

Three of my loves...
Ages 3, 5, 7


Ear piercing with a sweet friend. Always twinning back then.
Olivia, age 9


My little chick, Clementine. We each had a chicken during our time in an urban farmhouse.




Practicing...
Age 31

Baby teeth. Sigh.


June 2010

Michael, our ecologist, ranger, and collector of artifacts.


Sept. 2010

Jacob's 4th Birthday




Loving on a poor lizard, the way all my boys did.


Stink bug on Andrew's head. Normal stuff.



Soccer Saturdays on the sidelines.


Andrew's first loose tooth. Jon was going to "help" while the family took pictures. This one cracks me up: Michael video-ing in his underwear, Andrew looking terrified and probably trying to convince his dad to wait on the surgery. The tooth did wait, in the end.


My bookworm girl. Still is.


Serious kindergarten business.


Oct. 2010

Breakfast time in the Word with my captive audience.


The chickens, all grown up. Olivia was their mother.



The kitchen help. Jack is wearing an apron that was made for me when I was about 4-5 years old. My grandkids will wear it someday while we make muffins together. 


Oct. 2010
Ottawa, Canada


Jon's childhood motorbike.


Nov. 2010
Shadow Hills, CA


You could say our chickens were pampered a little...


More daily life. Thanksgiving morning prep work...


Outdoor  Thanksgiving meal with our sweet neighbors


The house we called home for a while. Maybe the hotrod was Thanksgiving day entertainment? I don't remember...



Jon's morning welcome after a long international trip.


Happy days.



~Katherine

2 comments:

  1. Delightful! Don't blink they will take off for far away adventures. But you will treasure all those photos even more then. I know.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...