Monday, October 16, 2017

Monday Bits

Today would have been a nice day to be at the beach. October Mondays would be amazing out there, especially when the temps are in the 90's like today. We'd have it to ourselves. I'm wondering if I should have scrapped some of our plans today and just made it happen. This was easier to do when my kids were little. 

These were taken back in August.


Skim boarding with body boards. It kinda works.








I was sorting through a little pile of papers tucked in the corner of my desk this morning, and more bits of scribbled notes stashed away in the pages of various notebooks and journals. Like a squirrel, I hide my little treasures in all kinds of places, believing I'll come back in the very near future to consume. Also like a squirrel, I forget where I've hidden my treasures (even if my goodies of verses, quotes, and ideas are not edible).

Corrie ten Boom was a fascinating individual. She is something of a hero to me: her trust in God's sovereignty and goodness was extraordinary, her forgiveness and compassion could only be supernatural, and her example of laying up treasures in heaven is simply wondrous. A while ago I wrote some of her words down on the back of a torn piece of paper. I have not lived a life that looks anything like hers did, but these words resonate with me nonetheless...

"If the devil cannot make us bad, he will make us busy."

"Hold everything in your hands lightly, otherwise it hurts when God pries your fingers open."

"What wings are to a bird and sails to a ship, so is prayer to a soul."


Just a little food for thought to squirrel away in your brain.


{I typed out a number of other thoughts/ideas recovered from my bits of papers (particularly on freedom for the soul), but they were accidentally deleted this afternoon. It's nearing dinner time, so I'm clicking this post into existence...}


~Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...