Sunday, November 7, 2010

I Love Saturdays!

I love the simplicity of the stage we are in right now because, generally speaking, we are all together on Saturdays. Yesterday Michael and Olivia had a late morning soccer game, then we came home for lunch, work, and play. Of course Jon always has some study/ review for Sunday, and there's always a plethora of chores to be completed, but I love how work and play are mingled together. At one point in the afternoon while I was ironing clothes, the kids decided to rake our neighbor's leaves. They were each "paid" with a lollipop. Michael came in and asked if I would take pictures of their pile of leaves.





I love how they found joy and satisfaction in their work, and that they volunteered to serve without being asked. I pray that they will develop a consistent pattern of joyful work and service.

These two are such good friends!


Jacob's "job" was to build castles in the sand next to the pile of leaves.




I think that in just a few short years I will look back on these days and remember them as the good 'ol days. Lord, cause me to make the most of this season and the moments you give me with each of my children. 


"So teach us to number our days, 
That we may present to You a heart of wisdom..

Let Your work appear to Your servants
And Your majesty to their children.
Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us;
And confirm to us the work of our hands;
Yes, confirm the work of our hands."

Ps. 90:12, 16-17


~Katherine



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...