Sunday, January 5, 2020

Christmas Snapshots

Over six weeks have past since my last post, and in that duration of time a whole lot has transpired. It makes picking up this online journal all the more difficult as detailed recounting seems a task much too great.

A short, simplified list would look something like this:

Birthdays celebrated
Extended visit of my mother-in-law
Several visits from Olivia, plus an extended winter break
Holiday meals and traditions shared
College semester completed
Decorations and creativity
Gatherings with groups, and quiet times too
Enduring friendships nurtured, new friendships begun
Tearful good-byes to dear friends and comrades 
Culinary triumphs and flops: tons of baking, roasting, and simmering
Family laughs, reminiscing, games, exploration (and irritations too!)
A family getaway
New experiences 
Good news from afar
New beginnings, peace, and hope

Especially HOPE, because Christ will never fail us.

The six of us took a leisurely drive and walk on the beach in the afternoon on the 25th. I have failed miserably to take family pictures this year (again), but we did take a few quick shots with my camera timer just as the rain began to fall. Our normal Christmas traditions were tweaked a bit this year, but the result was some fabulous family downtime together. It was one of the sweetest days we can recall.



The last several weeks had me pondering the lunacy that we call the Christmas season, left me praying for sincerity of worship, and longing to apprehend the magnitude and implications of EMMANUEL. I've thought about the many things that have come to pass in a decade of time, and wondered at all the probabilities and possibilities for the next. How I wish I had time and freedom to write more here!

I am so grateful at the culmination of another year but even more eager to forge ahead. Onward. I have no new resolutions except to continue keeping on, pressing ahead in the faith and steadfastness won for me through Christ. 


~Katherine

2 comments:

  1. Refreshing to read no new resolutions except to continue keeping on, pressing ahead in faith and steadfastness Christ has won for you through Christ. That is HUGE- faith and steadfastness- it is sufficient, He is sufficient. Keep Writing Katherine.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...