Monday, September 2, 2019

Donut Dip 2019

School has been underway for two weeks now, but as tradition would have it we started off the year with another Donut Dip morning. It's what we do on a morning of orientations and book pickup, just as the school year begins. We set out first thing in the morning, pick up a box of donuts, and run into the surf. There really is no time for lingering, but the moments together are savored. Knowing that each school year will bring new opportunities, challenges, and change, we dive into it and revel in the sweet moment of now. Our donut dip is a fun way to do it...


Bedheads are encouraged on this one morning.


Total simplicity is how we do it.



Michael didn't wait for the rest of us. He was too fast for my capture; his leg can been seen in the surf below...


We got one single shot on my camera's timer. Too bad for the guy with the silly run!!


One of my favorite summer activities is playing in the waves with my kids. I'm happy Jon captured the memory for me. I love the fact that this is us- all of us. Together. There is so much bound up in that one word, and gratitude is just one of them. I have much reason for rejoicing!


We moved Olivia into her dorm on Monday (more about that some other time). It's no joke that time goes by quickly. As for the school year, we now have university included to a lineup of community college, public charter, independent study, online classes, and homeschool. In addition to a plethora of other commitments, I feel I have a few too many balls to juggle. Experience has taught me, however, to just keep juggling and picking up the inevitable dropped balls. I'll be better at it when October comes around.

Happy September, friends!


~Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...