Monday, September 17, 2018

Food for Thought

I have been in awe of God's love for me. My learning has been transformative recently. His love is being revealed in a whole new light, and my mind and heart is still grasping to comprehend. I will never stop grasping, as God's love is far too wonderful to be contained in my mere human heart. Learning of His affection towards me, His love so complete - perfect/full/without room for growth - even before my days began and before I turned to Him with a feeble attempt to love Him in return, helps me to rest in His love for me now.

May I learn to display a bit more of His kind of love towards others.


I have a couple hours today in between things. Yes, I'm in a coffee shop. I've gathered a few journals to rediscover some words and thoughts that had made an impression at one point or another, and a dog-eared book I need to return to a friend.


"You have nothing in and of yourself. You and I are made of clay and spit. Any holiness of ours is polluted beyond our petty comprehension.

"I have nothing to offer Him but a bent neck, a neck He helped me bend. I have nothing to offer Him but filth, and He has taken it. He exchanged it for blood like wine, and His own body broken like bread...

"Christ on the cross: My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?

"That was exile far greater than any Hell-bound soul will experience. The Son, one God with the Father, experiencing divorce, separation from grace, left only with the filth, with incest and murder, malice and genocide. Left with pride and envy, left with every self-righteous glance and resentful thought. Left with the rags and rot that every soul uses to fill that God-shaped hole.

"Someone had to carry it all to Hell...

"If you want to love Him, then He has already begun giving you change. He has already begun unclenching your fists, taking your filth to be laundered on the cross...

"But be warned: here the company is low and classless. Here are the whores and thieves, the deviants and the downtrodden, the slaves, the unbeautiful, the lumpy, the people who look bad in suits. Even Christians."

~from 'Notes from a Tilt-A-Whirl'



Food for thought during my lunch break today. (Coffee, actually. No food.)

And with that, may I add a hearty, "Bon Appetit!" May your thoughts be nourished.








(Pictures from June)

~Katherine


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...