Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Look for the good. Live out the good.

Is it just me or did today feel like Monday? And yesterday, too? Of course Monday was Monday, so it felt like it should since we had a regular work day here (even though it was a holiday for some).

Andrew is writing an opinion piece and in his research he found out that more people have heart attacks on Monday than on any other day of the week.

I'm feeling like all the Mondays this week got the best of me.

My sweet little Jack picked up on my defeat today and did his best to lighten my load. For him, this meant doing his very best at reading (which means having a good attitude) and gifting me a special little note. He wanted me to notice the leaf he found was heart-shaped.

I took out my camera because I have to stop and see the good in a day such as this. If I am not intentional, I will surely miss it.


I don't want to be swallowed up by all the Mondays of my week, or by too many things to do, or by bad attitudes or depression, or discouragement, or simply the bleakness of the mundane. Simply put, I  don't want to be under the control of indwelling sin. When the undesirable stuff of life presses against me hard, I want my responses to be from a transformed heart being led by the Spirit. I want my words and my my thoughts, and my facial expressions and body language to be under the control of the Holy Spirit.

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer."

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live by the Spirit, let us also keep in step with the Spirit."

For this I pray hard... and repent and get up and fight all over again. The battle is long and never ending this side of eternity, but I am determined to keep fighting.


~Katherine


2 comments:

  1. Katherine,
    I find my failures make me long for heaven all the more! I am thankful for God's unending grace and continual forgiveness, and at the same time so discouraged that, "yet again" I must confess my sin. I could blame the rain or PNW gloomy days, but it's just my ugly sin causing all my troubles. I am reminded of 1 Cor. 10:13 - and the way of escape is the Word! God guides and equips us through His Word for the battle. I think I'll write out the verses you referenced. They are a perfect reminder.
    And Jack...he's the sweetest!

    ~Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Heaven! One day the battle will cease and we will enjoy the rest we so long for! In the meantime, I am so thankful for God's forgiveness and for His promises that give me HOPE!

      Thank you for your comment... I always appreciate them.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...