Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Antidote for the Cold

We've got a cold front moving in today and rain in the forecast. It's cold in the house because we don't have a very good heating system, and last night I slept with heavy socks and extra blankets. I kept waking and I worried that the kids might also be cold downstairs, even though I left the space heater running. It seems that the house is always colder when Jon is away.

This morning the little boys were awake before I was (not at all unusual), so I cashed in my snuggle ticket from Christmas. It was a lovely way to start the day....


He told me it's a never-ending ticket.


It went with the chocolate Jack bought me for Christmas. Some of the best presents in life are the most simple.

Now I'm going to make a fire and some hot chocolate for the kids, and (sadly) the Christmas decorations must come down.


~Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...