Thursday, March 27, 2014

Waiting.

One of my boys came running in from the back yard and told me to come and take a picture. He said the light was shining through a bottle brush flower in a cool way, but by the time I retrieved my camera from the car and made my way to the back, the lighting had changed and I missed it. I get that-- I know that angles and light and moments shift quickly, but I was so happy they had eyes to see and appreciate beauty. God is kind to give us glimpses of unusual beauty; it is His artistry and it is all around if only we have eyes to see.

So I had him move the branch around in an attempt to re-converge light and angle, but we couldn't make it "glow" again. I snapped a picture anyway, partly to validate his claim amidst the skeptical remarks of his brothers and partly because it was still pretty.


Michael tends to be an auditory learner, so we let him listen to good material via an iPod quite a bit. Not a bad way to do school, or to spend an afternoon...


The handmade hammock was given to us by some friends, and the kids have really enjoyed it. I have yet to test it out. Not sure what my excuse is, but I'm sure I'll like it when I finally do.

I've been thankful for space for the kids to play. It has been good for them and for me. I think the years spent in apartments, condos and town homes really make me thankful for our own space, and the safety  of a private backyard.



The hours of sunlight are getting longer, and since the time change a few weeks ago, so have my days. I can't seem to get a good sense of time and our dinners have been consistently late, which mean bedtimes are late, and then the morning too. The sunlight is throwing me off and I just can't seem to get with the program. I think Jon needs me to get adjusted asap.


>>>:<<<

I've been waiting. 

I've been waiting on something for a very long time, but now that the waiting could possibly end, it's all the more grueling. It has been grueling at other times too, but now it just seems, well, kind of frustrating. 

Because our lives could be changed. Or not. 

And the waiting is hard. 

Last night I looked to see what the Bible has to say about waiting. Reading through those verses brought me to the realization that I ought to be waiting on the Lord, not on opportunities, situations, events, or whatever. Just waiting on the Lord.

It's hard not to place my hope on a certain outcome or circumstance. It's difficult not to hope for my desired plan to unfold. It's aggravating to be in a place where, if only I could, I'd do anything to just get the waiting over with. I've never been good at waiting on a surprise, much less waiting for something I have no clue which way it will go, whether as desired or not. 

I've been waiting and hoping on something to happen. I've been waiting on people and outcomes-- earthly things-- instead of God.

"And now, O Lord, for what do I wait? My hope is in You." Ps. 39:7

It is God who is perfect WISDOM, it is He who is LOVE. He has time and eternity in His hand, planned before the beginning of time. He has my life ordained, purposefully measured out for His glory and my good. And He is GOD.

Oh, that I would remember it and stop fretting about what could be, might be. He is God and He has regarded me. I remind myself again tonight to rest in Him, hope in Him, and wait on Him. 

His purposes, His time. Always perfect.

"The Lord will fulfill his purposes for me;
your steadfast love, O Lord, endures forever.
Do not forsake the work of your hands." Ps. 138:8

"Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them." Ps. 139:16

"But for you, O Lord, do I wait; 
it is you, O Lord my God, who will answer." Ps. 38:15

"For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, 
for my hope is from him." Ps. 62:5


~Katherine


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...