Thursday, February 13, 2014

Quotes for the Wise

While the rest of the country deals with debilitating snow, I will be heading out in a moment to do yard work wearing shorts and a T-shirt. So out of respect for those dealing with all that snow, here's a snowy picture shot last month in Canada.  ;)


Following my last post, I decided to read through some of the Proverbs regarding wisdom which I have underlined in my Bible. May you be encouraged.


"For the Lord gives wisdom; From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Pr. 2: 6

"Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the Lord and turn away from evil." Pr. 3: 7

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding." Pr. 9: 10

"When pride come, then comes dishonor, but with the humble is wisdom." Pr. 11: 2

"He who gets wisdom loves his own soul; He who keeps understanding will find good." Pr. 19: 8

"My son, eat homey, for it is good,
Yes, the honey comb is sweet to your taste;
Know that wisdom is thus for your soul;
If you find it, then there will be a future,
And your hope will not be cut off."  Pr. 24: 13-14

"He who trusts in his own heart is a fool, but he who walks wisely will be delivered." Pr. 28: 26

"Every word of God is tested; He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him." Pr. 30: 5 (God's word is 100% dependable wisdom.)

There are many, many more which could be included.


Later in the evening, I read this and I love the simple reminder.:

"Wisdom is the fruit of worship, and received on bended knee."  ~Paul David Tripp



~Katherine



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...