Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Power for Living

This is the view from my spot tonight, a perfect ending to a cold and very full day. Endings like this seem to sooth the troubles and disappointments that are felt at the end of any long day, and the things left undone seem of little consequence now. 


Like most days I got up thinking that I will simply do what I can, I'll move from one thing to the next and accept any "interruption" from the loving hand of God. I've been praying recently that God would show me how to best invest my time and my talents for His glory. I want to reap rewards at the end of this life; I want to hear, "Well done, good and faithful servant."

I've just begun to re-reading Keep in Step with the Spirit by J.I. Packer, and this morning I read the following:

"...Supernatural living through supernatural empowering is at the very heart of New Testament Christianity... All who are realistic about themselves are from time to time overwhelmed with a sense of inadequacy. All Christians time and again are forced to cry, "Lord, help me, strengthen me, give me power to speak and act in the way that pleases you, make me equal to the demands and pressures which I face." We are called to fight evil in all forms in and around us, and we need to learn that in this battle the Spirit's power alone gives victory, while self-reliance leads only to the discovery of one's impotence and the experience of defeat."

Yes. We are not left to live this life alone. We have the POWER of God within us, all the time.

"Lord, teach me to depend on your power and your leading in my life. Teach me to die to myself and live for You..."

~~

Jon has now joined me here by the fire, bringing me a cup of tea. Delightful!


~Katherine



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...