Thursday, July 28, 2011

Memories of regular days

My theme verse for the week~

"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
"The Lord is my portion," says my soul,
"therefore I will hope in him."

"The Lord is good to those who wait for him,
to the soul who seeks him.
It is good that one should wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord."

Lam. 3:22-26


Let's see... there were a few "normal" things that happened over the last couple days that I thought would be fun to record:

~Andrew somehow dropped a small piece of metal into an electrical outlet on the floor and got the shock of his life. No burns, just lots of tears.

~Jacob wedged both feet between two branches in the tree he had climbed. By the time I came to rescue him, he was screaming in pain and the skin was beginning to peel.

~This morning I had to reach into the toilet and rescue two favorite matchbox cars from being flushed away. Way to start the day.

~ I killed the biggest black widow spider I've ever seen this morning. It was on one of our shoes as we were getting ready to leave.

~Jon has been out of town this week, so yesterday I decided to text message him some sweet nothings. To my horror I realized I was sending them to Olivia's riding instructor. 

~At riding lessons today, I noticed two ladies pointing upward and gasping. I casually looked around the corner to find Michael walking along a thin divider wall about 10 feet high. Yeah, I'm responsible for him.

~At the pharmacy today, while I was on the phone with the doctor's office for the third time (who said they had called in the prescription while the pharmacist said they had not received it), there was suddenly a deafening alarm making it impossible to talk. Turns out one of my boys "accidentally leaned" on the door marked NOT AN EXIT. ALARM WILL SOUND.


~My favorite memory this week comes from my two little boys. I had allowed them to camp out in the tent they had made with sheets in their room. I was awakened in the morning when Jacob climbed into my bed to warm up next to me. As I moved over to make space, I realized Andrew had already joined me sometime in the night. We dozed for another hour, their warm little bodies flanked against mine and little tufts of summer lightened hair tickling my cheek on one side and shoulder on the other. Heavenly.


~Katherine



2 comments:

  1. Hilarious, Katherine! And the riding instructor...I would have been so mortified. That is totally something that my tech-challenged self could mistakenly do. In fact, I'm not even sure this comment will "work"--Nelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed so hard about the text.....I've almost done that a few times too! Mortifying! And the rest of your stories -- well, I laughed about them too. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...