Sunday, August 21, 2011

School-aged

Tonight I kissed my baby boy goodnight and cuddled with him a little extra long. Tomorrow will mark the beginning of his school years, and this mommy wishes time could stand still for just a little while. My baby -- my very last baby -- is starting school.

Yeah, I know he'll still be at home, but tomorrow he will be passing through a threshold of sorts. He ends one phase of his life and begins a new. I am ending the years of entertaining preschoolers and now officially have all school-aged children. I never do well with ending good things, even when what lies ahead is equally good. I can assure you that if they were all heading out to school tomorrow, I would be crying buckets right now! 

I don't anticipate that schooling four kids will be easy, but I am thrilled that we'll all be together. I am eager to see the growth and development that this year will bring. More than academic progress, I desire for us to grow in our love for the Lord, and to develop character strength and maturity.


I'm also lamenting the end of summer and wishing for just one more bike ride...

And words for me this week:
"Thy strength indeed is small!
Child of weakness watch and pray, 
Find in Me thine all in all."


~Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...